WHEN CAN MY CHILD COME TO THE NURSERY?
Our Nursery is for ages 0-36 months and is staffed by volunteers during the 6:30pm Saturday service and the 9:30am and 11am Sunday services.
WHAT IS THE NURSERY ANNEX?
The Nursery Annex is a room located to the left of the Nursery. It has one-way glass into the Worship Center to allow new moms and dads to care for their infant, while being able to still participate in the service.The room has adjustable sound and lighting to provide for the comfort of new parents and baby. The Nursery Annex is open during all services. We have a "moms only" nursing room, inside the nursery, for those desiring more privacy to nurse.
HOW ARE NURSERY VOLUNTEERS SCREENED AND TRAINED?
1. Notify us of your interest by calling/emailing the office or by filling out an In-Touch Card during a weekend service. We’ll contact you to find out more about your interest.
2. Fill out and return the volunteer application and background check authorization that we mail to you.
3. Meet with a Nursery Ministry staff member to receive training.
4. Observe in the Nursery on a Saturday or Sunday during service time.
5. Once you are officially approved, we will solidify your serving schedule.
If you have any questions, please call Molly Pedersen at 541.672.0230.
A detailed description of our serving positions:
Greeters are friendly and welcoming. They engage both newcomers and regulars with a smile. They help new families feel comfortable and assist with the check-in process. Greeters remain at the check-in counter for the duration of the service to provide Nursery assistance, if needed, and also to ensure only approved persons enter the Nursery.
Nursery Attendants care for infants and toddlers. They connect with the children through play and ensure the Nursery is a safe environment. Attendants will also engage with parents to ensure children are returned to those who dropped them off. Attendants usually serve twice a month, but can serve as frequently as every week.
Substitutes are positive, flexible and can assist in the Nursery when needed. Subs are trained to fill in when other attendants are unavailable and are extremely valuable in providing consistency to the kids. Substitutes serve as needed.